This is a class about the ultimate digital drawing and painting tool -- Clip Studio Paint (1.6.2), formerly Manga Studio 5.
Have a need to draw scenes including complex figure posing? How about a need to draw accurate hands?
In this course I'll show you how to use one or more pose-able 3D drawing models to either draw over or set to the side as references. We'll even look at zooming in on hands which are always difficult to draw well.
What about the actual sketching of your figure?
In the next lecture I'll show you how to make crude sketches based on the 3D pose-able figures you previously positioned in your scene.
What about inking?
In the final lecture I'll demonstrate inking your sketch using smooth vector lines that can be contoured, shaped and moved to your liking until you accurately portray the sketch beneath.
Learn to use Clip Studio Paint (formerly Manga Studio 5) to produce stunning figure drawings.
I'll see you in the classroom,
What are the requirements?
- Possess a relatively modern Mac or PC
- Acquire a Clip Studio Paint license costing at least $20
- Possess a digital drawing tablet (e.g. Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch digital tablet costing $99)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Use Clip Studio Paint to position 3D drawing models
- Produce crude sketches based on 3D drawing models
- Use vector graphics to ink your sketch including shaping, contouring and moving
- Influence the future direction of this class (e.g. coloring and shading and 3D perspective backgrounds)
- Identify the products offered in the Smith Micro Graphics drawing and animation product line
Who is the target audience?
- Any student interested in the state of the art in digital drawing
- Any student who's heard about and is curious about Clip Studio Paint
- People looking for a fun, powerful and easy way to utilize their computer
- Those interested in taking the initial steps toward producing professional quality graphics